Wednesday’s Weekly Announcements
To keep up to date on School News, follow on our website school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/news and for School Events & Activities at school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar. If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
- Individual reminders about a variety of things.
- Scrip Order Form for your convenience. If you do not need to use this week, just leave in folder. We will replace the order form as needed each week.
- Kalscheuer Pumpkin Patch field trip permission trip form. Please sign and send back to school by next week Friday, September 26. This trip is taking place on Tuesday, October 2nd with a raindate of Friday, October 5. 3K students should still fill out the form in case we use the raindate and are welcome to join us on Tuesday with parent. If you wish for your student to purchase an item, you can send a small amount of money in a baggie with your child(s) name on to take on this trip. This is a walking field trip. Students should wear boots or old shoes for muddy conditions.
- Knights of Columbus will be holding their annual Pancake Breakfast here at St. Peter’s on October 14 from 8:00 am to 12:15 pm. See flyer for details.
- 2nd Grade Only. Letter and dates regarding sacramental preparation for parents and 2nd grade students. Please mark your calendars for this most important time in your child’s life.
- Home and School Meeting Flyer. Plan to attend tomorrow mornings meeting at school starting at 8:00 am. Coffee and treats will be served. Little ones are welcome.
- Children’s Mental Health Matters flyer. This event is being held on October 8 at 6:30 pm. See flyer for details. Message from Superintendent, Michael Lancaster: As we continue to explore how stress and trauma impact our students and their families, we have partnered with Catholic Charities to offer important information to parents who are navigating the challenges of raising children amidst the realities of exposure to stress and trauma. Therefore I am pleased to announce that we will be hosting an informational evening for parents at 6:30 on Monday, October 8th at Blessed Sacrament Catholic School. Abby Kearns, who spoke at our principals’ meeting last year, will be the presenter.
- Pregnancy Helpline is doing a 4K run/walk Diaper Dash on Saturday, September 22 in Fitchburg. See flyer for details.
- Recess Duty for the Next Week: Thursday, 9/20 – Michelle LeVeque; Friday, 9/21 – Erin Heller; Monday, 9/24 – Bridget Yallaly; Tuesday, 9/25 – Jeanne Wells; Wednesday, 9/26 – Bridget Yallaly
- Recess Duty for PreK for the Next Week: Thursday, 9/20 – Maria Serrano; Friday, 9/21 – Danielle Meinholz; Monday, 9/24 – None; Tuesday, 9/25 – None; Wednesday, 9/26 – Maria Serrano
- Many of you know that Matt and Michelle Nilsson, parents of Luke (Kindergarten), just adopted Annalise Cecelia (born July 16). To help them with the necessary and extensive costs of the adoption, some friends have organized a Run/Walk Fundraiser. The event is sure to be a fun time, and I feel blessed to be a part of giving sweet baby Annalise a safe, loving, Christ-centered home! Please join my family and others if you are able. Here are the details and a link to register:
Sunday Oct. 7th >> 1pm – 4 pm >> Esther Beach Park in Madison
Online registration is open until 10/5 ($15). Registration the day of ($20). Donations accepted as well.
- Home and School meeting will be on Thursday, September 20 at 8:00 am. Plan to attend to find out what your group is all about.
- Bucky Books are on sale from now until October 16. Please remember for every 5 books you sell, you receive a free book for your own use. We have about 30 more books in the office to sell. These books have been purchased by school. We need everyone to sell as many as they can. Each book nets the school $15. Cost of selling the books is $35. Let the office know if you would like more books sent home with your student. Monies can be turned in at anytime.
- Koats for Kids collection beginning Monday, September 10 and through October 6. Remember to share your family’s outgrown, gently used jackets, coats, snow pants, mittens, hats, gloves and scarves with those who are less fortunate. The campaign does not collect boots. Turn in items at school and we will get them to Klinke Cleaners. A box is available at the front entrance of school and in the rear of church for your convenience.
For the most up-to-date list of Events & Activities, Please follow our online Calendar of Events (school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar/).
|11–22||Running records grades 2-5|
|20||7:55 am||Band Lesson|
|20||8:00 am||Home and School Board Meeting|
|21||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
|26||6:00 pm||Benefit Dinner Meeting|
|27||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|28||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
|2||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|2||1:30-3:00 pm||Pumpkin Patch Field Trip|
|4||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|4||7:55-8:55 am||Band Lesson|
|4||6:00 pm||Family Adoration and Potluck(Breakfast for Dinner)|
|5||7:00 am||Adoration on First Friday|
|5||Piano Group Lessons|
|5||9:00-10:00 am||Morning Playgroup|
|5||1:30-3:00 pm||Pumpkin Patch Field Trip (raindate)|
|6||11:00 am – 2:30 pm||Trailride|
|7-12||Fire Prevention Week|
|9||Individual Piano Lessons|
|9||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|9||12:30-1:00 pm||Fire Dept. Puppet Show|
|10||8:30 am||Holy Spirit Hustle|
|10||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE afterschool until 4:00 pm|
|11||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|12||9:15 pm||Raindate for Holy Spirit Hustle|
|14||7:00-12:00 9m||KC Pancake Breakfast|
|15-17||Visiting Team at St. Peter|
|16||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|16||Piano Individual Lessons|
|16||6:00 pm||Education Commission Meeting|
|17||9:00 am||School Portraits Retake|
|18||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|18||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|19||9:00 am||Family Eucharistic Adoration|
|21||11:00 am-2:30 pm||Trailride|
|22||6:30-7:30 pm||Faith Formation for Sacramental at St. Martin|
|23||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|23||Piano Individual Lessons|
|25||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE afterschool until 4:00 pm|
|30||Individual Piano Lessons|
|30||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
“St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”