Wednesday’s Weekly Announcements
To keep up to date on School News, follow on our website school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/news and for School Events & Activities at school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar. If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
- Individual reminders about a variety of things.
- Scrip Order Form for your convenience. If you do not need to use this week, just leave in folder. We will replace the order form as needed each week.
- November is the month we pray for our dead. In your folder is a blank form for each student to fill our who they would like to pray for this month. They can draw a picture of a friend or relative or glue a picture of the person the wish to remember and have the school pray for during the month. The “Book of Remembrance” is kept up near the office on the lost and found cabinet where sheets will be added as they are returned to school.
- Family Eucharistic Adoration will be next week Thursday, November, 8th at 6:00 pm. (This is a changed from the normal Thursday before the First Friday). Potluck dinner to follow at the school. This month is an Italian dinner.
- December Lunch Menu. Please return by November 16. Don’t forget to write your child’s name on top.
- Holy Spirit Hustle Assembly will be next week Wednesday, November 7 at 1:45 pm. This years event raised a total of $23,500. Thank you to everyone for participating and making this a great success. The committee will be sponsoring a pizza party for lunch on that day for students so no need to send a cold lunch or buy a hot lunch. See flyer for details.
- Next week is “National Vocation Awareness Week“. Please remember to keep all those discerning a religious vocation in your prayers. Students will be writing to Diocese of Madison Seminarians during the week. In your folders is a flyer from the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa. See the flyer for more information about vocations.
- Do you need to fill some of your volunteer hours? See the flyer for some ideas on how to get some hours working from home. Kim Neumaier has more information regarding what you need. See flyer for details.
- Edgewood Athletic Association is once again sponsoring a Poinsettia sale. See the order form in your folder if you are interested in purchasing these beautiful plants for Christmas.
- Bucky Book prize selection sheet. In your folder is the selection sheet for those families who sold 2 or more Bucky Books this fall. Please fill out what your choice prize and return to school ASAP. The office will be turning those in next week to the Bucky Book Fundraiser Committee by Thursday, November 8. Those families who have earned a book will be receiving their free book today in the Wednesday folder
- Recess Duty for the Next Week: Thursday, 11/1 – Betty Sisk; Friday, 11/2 – Early Release; Monday, 11/5 – Tara Garry; Tuesday, 11/6 – Jeanne Wells; Wednesday, 11/7 – Angie TenKley
- Recess Duty for PreK for the Next Week: Thursday, 11/1 – Maria Serrano; Friday, 11/2 – None; Monday, 11/5 – Elizabeth Idzi; Tuesday, 11/6 – Jacy Porter; Wednesday, 11/7 – Celsey Roth
- Reminder: All Saints Day is tomorrow. Students will be participating in the All Saints Parade after Mass at Church. 3K students are welcome to attend with parents. Mass is here at St. Peter Catholic Church at 8:15 am. This is a Holy Day of Obligation.
- Thank you to Blue Star Dairy for hosting the Trailride event again this year and to the following individuals for helping with the luncheon: Art and Lori Meinholz family, Ben Meinholz, Juan Calzada, Elizabeth, Shea and Jean-Luc Idzi, Erica and Stephanie Kalscheuer, Grandma Ruth Acker. A total of $1,230 was earned for our school.
- Volunteer Hours Opportunity: Here is an opportunity that taps into your ability to sing! A great opportunity to serve!
The St. Peter Choir is looking for additional members. We sing every weekend, holidays and most holy days and take summers off. The time commitment is 2 hours on Thursday evening, and 90 minutes for the weekend Masses. You don’t need to read music (most of us don’t) or have a great voice (we have an excellent Choir Director who helps all of us bring out our voice). We challenge ourselves to be our best and have a lot of fun doing it. If you have wondered how you can serve our parish, consider joining what Father Chis calls, “one of the best choir’s in the diocese”. Express your best spiritual self through singing!.
- Reminder: As we approach colder weather, please remember to send students with proper winter clothing. As many of you know, the school playground sits in a wind tunnel and the wind can feel colder than it looks. Hats, mittens, scarves, snowpants and winter coats are recommended even without snow on colder days. When we have snow, boots are a must. Students are not allowed to play in the snow without them. Also, for younger students, spare clothing consist of shorts and short sleeve shirts. Time to send in warmer changes of clothes to have on hand.
For the most up-to-date list of Events & Activities, Please follow our online Calendar of Events (school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar/).
|1||8:15 am||All Saints Day at St. Peter-Holy Day of Obligation|
|1||9:00 am||All Saints Day Parade after Mass|
|1||9:30 am||Treat Day following parade at school-Treat Day providers: Erin Heller(K/1), Dorene Pawlowski(2/3) and Jessica Carrano(4/5)|
|1||3:30 pm||Parent Teacher Conferences|
|2||7:00 am||Adoration on First Friday|
|2||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE NO Afterschool Parent Teacher Conferences|
|2||9:00-10:00 am||Morning Playgroup|
|6||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|7||1:45 pm||Holy Spirit Hustle Assembly|
|8||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|8||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|8||6:00 pm||Family Adoration and Potluck (Italian dinner)|
|9||Piano Group Lessons|
|9||9:45 am||Enthronement of the Sacred Heart of Jesus|
|9||5:00 – 8:00 pm||Fish Fry|
|9||8:00 pm||Fish Fry-Hall Scrub Duty: Michelle Lancaster, Grace Gyamera, 3 more volunteers are needed|
|13||Piano Individual Lessons|
|13||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|15||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|15||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|16||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
|16||End of First Trimester|
|19||6:30 pm||Faith Formation for Sacramental at St. Martin|
|20||Individual Piano Lessons|
|20||6:15 pm||Education Commission Meeting|
|20||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|21-23||NO SCHOOL – THANKSGIVING BREAK|
|27||Individual Piano Lessons|
|27||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|28||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE afterschool until 4:00 pm|
|29||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|29||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|30||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
“St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”