Wednesday’s Weekly Announcements
To keep up to date on School News, follow on our website school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/news and for School Events & Activities at school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar. If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Dear St. Peter Families,
October is here! To kick October off, we had our traditional field trip to Kalscheuer Farm. Doug, Erika and Brody Kalscheuer welcomed us to their farm, invited us to take home a gourd or other complementary item, allowed us to purchase their quality pumpkins and gave us a tour that involved petting kittens, watching the pigs eat a pumpkin, petting goats and baby calves, and seeing the cows in the barn. We were fortunate to be blessed with good (non-rainy) weather and everyone had a great time. Thank you, Kalscheuers for allowing us to visit.
Last weekend, we kicked off the 40 Days for Life Campaign at Planned Parenthood. During this campaign, people have the opportunity to sign up as a family or individually to pray for an hour or more at Planned Parenthood. St. Peter Parish is taking the time slots from 12:00-3:00 on Saturdays. I am inviting all of you as families to come to Planned Parenthood on Saturday, October 13th at 1:00 to pray from 1:00 to 2:00pm as part of the campaign and to show the overall support of our school for respect for life.
During this time we can pray the rosary together and say other prayers to end abortion. I encourage as many of you as possible to show up for this St. Peter School Event. We pray to end abortion and for respect for all life from natural conception to natural death. If you are also interested in other times to sign up to pray during the 40 Days for Life Campaign you can go to this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RDZZ-HXFNCXBXfryJiyAvF4hEyIhYub1h7tAvdTC3Tk/edit
Next week, all of our students K-5 will be praying the Living Rosary. Due to Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, we will start at 9:15 AM in the church. Students will have a prayer or two to lead during the Living Rosary. Parents are free to attend and pray with us.
Finally, All Saints Day is just around the corner. Traditionally, our students select a saint, they determine a costume and wear it to school on November 1st. After Mass, the Saints march into church and individually state which saint they are dressed as and two facts about that saint. If you are looking for easy saint ideas, this site has ideas for girls: www.catholicicing.com/all-saints-day-costume-ideas-for-girls/.
And this site has ideas for boys: www.catholicicing.com/all-saints-day-costume-ideas-for-boys/
Enjoy the beautiful weather this week.
God bless you all.
Kathi Klaas, Principal
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
- Individual reminders about a variety of things.
- Scrip Order Form for your convenience. If you do not need to use this week, just leave in folder. We will replace the order form as needed each week.
- Partners In Faith newsletter.
- October Scrip Spotlight. This month we are promoting the standing order.
- Saint Francis of Assisi prayer card. Donated by Tim and Sue Tansey Feast Day is October 4.
- 3rd thru 5th Grade Only. Sacristan and Altar Server Training Letter from Fr. Chris. Please read over and return your permission slip.
- Please join us for the next Family Eucharistic Adoration and Fellowship Event at St. Peter Catholic Church this Thursday, October 4th at 6 PM! This time of family-friendly prayer and song will begin at 6 PM in the church, and will last for about 20-30 minutes, followed by a potluck dinner and fellowship in the lower level of the school. The meal theme for this month is “breakfast for dinner”. This is a great opportunity to learn more about Eucharistic Adoration and experience this powerful prayer time together. We would love to see your family there!! :).
- STAR 360 test results for students in grades K thru 5th grades. Math, reading and early literacy base testing was given last month. Results will also help teachers to understand what is needed to serve your students needs better. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher.
- Recess Duty for the Next Week: Thursday, 10/4 – Michelle LeVeque; Friday, 10/5 – Erin Heller; Monday, 10/8 – Michelle LeVeque; Tuesday, 10/9 – Jeanne Wells; Wednesday, 10/10 – None
- Recess Duty for PreK for the Next Week: Thursday, 10/4 – Maria Serrano; Friday, 10/5 – Bryna Fassino; Monday, 10/8 – Betty Sisk; Tuesday, 10/9 – None; Wednesday, 10/10 – Celsey Roth
- Please remember the permission slips to participate in the Holy Spirit Hustle needs to be turned into the school before next weeks run. It is a blue paper that was in the envelope for collecting pledges. All students need to have that in before they can participate.
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is in need of some materials for their atrium. Follow the link to donate items:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084ea4a82ea5fa7-wish.
- Please remember to sign up to serve on the 40 days for Life. Slots still available Oct. 6 from 2:00 to 3:00 pm; Oct. 13 Noon to 1:00 pm and 2:00 to 3:00 pm; Oct. 20 Noon to 1:00 pm and 2:00 to 3:00 pm and Nov. 3 from 2:00 to 3:00 pm.
- August Scrip Totals:
Total Sold = $28,090.00
Total Profit = $1,373.21
2018-2019 Fiscal Year Profit thru 8/31 = $2,064.48
August Scrip Spotlight Winner (Back to School):
Joan Pregler won $25 gift card of choice
September Scrip Spotlight Winner (Presto Pay):
Emily Hansen won $25 gift card of choice
Sept 29/30 Weekend, Special Drawing:
Dave & Linda Ripp won $25 gift card of choice.
- Monthly billing went out the end of last week for lunches and tuition payments due on a monthly basis. If you did not receive it in your email, please check your spam or junk mailboxes. Payments are not being recorded in teacherease. Once we are sure things are working correctly with online payments etc., we will contact individuals for discrepancies. Thanks for your patience.
- Bucky Books are on sale from now until October 16. Please remember for every 5 books you sell, you receive a free book for your own use. We have about 25 more books in the office to sell. These books have been purchased by school. We need everyone to sell as many as they can. Each book nets the school $15. Cost of selling the books is $35. Let the office know if you would like more books sent home with your student. Monies can be turned in at anytime.
- Don’t forget the next Playgroup/Mom’s group is this Friday morning, Oct. 5th, from 9 to 10 AM (right after the 8:15 AM Mass)! This is held in the lower level of the school, typically on the first Friday of every month. Bring your little ones, or just bring yourself, for some coffee and conversation. Please feel welcome to stop by for any amount of time that you’re able!
For the most up-to-date list of Events & Activities, Please follow our online Calendar of Events (school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar/).
|4||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|4||7:55-8:55 am||Band Lesson|
|4||6:00 pm||Family Adoration and Potluck(Breakfast for Dinner)|
|5||7:00 am||Adoration on First Friday|
|5||Piano Group Lessons|
|5||9:00-10:00 am||Morning Playgroup|
|13||11:00 am – 2:30 pm||Trailride-Elizabeth Idzi Family (3) and Guillermina Calzada Family (2)|
|7-12||Fire Prevention Week|
|9||Individual Piano Lessons|
|9||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|9||11:30-12:00 pm||Fire Dept. Puppet Show|
|10||8:30 am||Holy Spirit Hustle|
|10||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE afterschool until 4:00 pm|
|11||7:55-8:55 am||Band Lessons|
|11||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|11||9:20-10:00 am||Living Rosary at Church|
|12||9:15 pm||Raindate for Holy Spirit Hustle|
|14||7:00-12:00 9m||KC Pancake Breakfast|
|15-17||Visiting Team at St. Peter|
|16||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|16||Piano Individual Lessons|
|16||6:00 pm||Education Commission Meeting|
|17||9:00 am||School Portraits Retake|
|18||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|18||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|19||9:00 am||Family Eucharistic Adoration|
|19||5:00 – 8:00 pm||Fish Fry|
|19||8:00 pm||Fish Fry-Hall Scrub: Marie Pope; Beth or Doug Ulaszek; Grace Gyamera(2 more people are needed-many hands make lighter work)|
|21||11:00 am-2:30 pm||Trailride-Erika Kalscheuer Family (3), Elizabeth Idzi Family (3)|
|22||6:30-7:30 pm||Faith Formation for Sacramental at St. Martin|
|23||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|23||Piano Individual Lessons|
|25||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE afterschool until 4:00 pm|
|30||Individual Piano Lessons|
|30||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
“St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”