Wednesday’s Weekly Announcements
To keep up to date on School News, follow on our website school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/news and for School Events & Activities at school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar. If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Dear St. Peter Families,
Our site visit is over. The WRISA Visiting Team had many positive things to say about St. Peter Catholic School–they commented on the great community that exists here, the strong Catholic identity, the wonderful, dedicated and Christ-centered staff, parents, and students, as well as our engaging curriculum. They were so impressed with our students and the reverence that they show at Mass and during prayer. This is a reflection on how you as parents are teaching and modeling for them each time you take them to Mass.
One member of the Accreditation Team said, “ You have so many great things here, and yet you are always looking for ways to improve.”
I am so very thankful for the amazing work of our staff to prepare for this visit, for the support and follow through of our Education Commission to help us gather and review evidence, for Bob Schell and Jess Carrano who were our final checkpoints, for the great food prepared during the site visit by Jess Carrano, Bridget Yallaly, Carissa Heerhold, Betty Sisk, and Guillermina Charez and for our students who truly showed their Catholic Faith in everything they said and did.
All Saint’s Day is Thursday, November 1st, and the 8:15 Mass for the Holy Day will be at St. Peter Catholic Church. After Mass (approximately 9:00 AM) we will have our traditional All Saint’s Day Parade with all students dressed as a particular saint. We invite members of the parish to come to Mass that day and stay for our parade. It is wonderful to see our students as they aspire to sainthood!
Welcome back to Mrs. Willman! It is great to have her back in the classroom.
God bless you all, and enjoy the extra day with your kids this weekend. (Early Dismissal on Thursday and No School on Friday).
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
- Individual reminders about a variety of things.
- Scrip Order Form for your convenience. If you do not need to use this week, just leave in folder. We will replace the order form as needed each week.
- November Scrip Spotlight! Scrip that pays greater than 5% back to the parish/school. Attached to the flyer is the list of available scrip that pays anything 5% or greater.
- Phy Ed Calendar for this school year. Since we are not able to be consistent with our phy ed days due to our new teachers schedule at another building, we are sending home the calendar for parents to know which days phy ed will be held. If you have any questions, please let us know. Remember students need to have tennis shoes on phy ed days.
- Veteran’s Day Breakfast and Raffle Flyer at American Legion Post 503. This will be held on Sunday, November 11. See flyer for details.
- Recess Duty for the Next Week: Thursday, 10/25 – Early Release; Friday, 10/26 – No School; Monday, 10/29 – Sue Tansey; Tuesday, 10/30 – Jeanne Wells; Wednesday, 10/31 – Lashell Lentz
- Recess Duty for PreK for the Next Week: Thursday, 10/25 – Maria Serrano; Friday, 10/26 – No School; Monday, 10/29 – Elizabeth Idzi; Tuesday, 10/30 – Jacy Porter; Wednesday, 10/31 – Celsey Roth
- Reminder: Next week Thursday, November 1 is All Saints Day. Students will be participating in the All Saints Parade after Mass at Church. 3K students are welcome to attend with parents. Mass is here at St. Peter Catholic Church at 8:15 am. This is a Holy Day of Obligation.
- Box of Joy service project items are due this week. Students will be assembling boxes soon. Please remember to send in your items to donate. Items needed: Toys, Schools supplies, hard candy and gum, apparel, hygiene items, hair or personal accessories, useful items like sewing kits, utensils, compasses keychains, duct tape, no-battery flashlights, drawstring bags. Also personal notes or photos or Christmas cards to share are also welcome.
- If you haven’t done so already, remember to sign up for Parent Teacher Conference in the sign up genius.
- Any monies for Holy Spirit Hustle should be turned in. Awards are being compiled.
- Please turn in any monies for Bucky Books. Final numbers will be totaled for prizes and sheets will be sent home next week. There are still 19 books available to sell if you would like any additional books.
- Reminder: As we approach colder weather, please remember to send students with proper winter clothing. As many of you know, the school playground sits in a wind tunnel and the wind can feel colder than it looks. Hats, mittens, scarves, snowpants and winter coats are recommended even without snow on colder days. When we have snow, boots are a must. Students are not allowed to play in the snow without them. Also, for younger students, spare clothing consist of shorts and short sleeve shirts. Time to send in warmer changes of clothes to have on hand.
For the most up-to-date list of Events & Activities, Please follow our online Calendar of Events (school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar/).
|28||11:00 am – 2:30 pm||Trailride-Elizabeth Idzi Family (3) and Guillermina Calzada Family (2)|
|30||Individual Piano Lessons|
|30||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|31||9:00 am||All Saints Day Parade Practice after Mass|
|1||8:15 am||All Saints Day at St. Peter-Holy Day of Obligation|
|1||9:00 am||All Saints Day Parade after Mass|
|1||9:30 am||Treat Day following parade at school-Treat Day providers: Erin Heller(K/1), Dorene Pawlowski(2/3) and Jessica Carrano(4/5)|
|1||3:30 pm||Parent Teacher Conferences|
|2||7:00 am||Adoration on First Friday|
|2||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE NO Afterschool Parent Teacher Conferences|
|2||9:00-10:00 am||Morning Playgroup|
|6||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|8||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|8||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|8||6:00 pm||Family Adoration and Potluck (Italian dinner)|
|9||Piano Group Lessons|
|9||9:45 am||Enthronement of the Sacred Heart of Jesus|
|9||5:00 – 8:00 pm||Fish Fry|
|9||8:00 pm||Fish Fry-Hall Scrub Duty: Michelle Lancaster, Grace Gyamera, 3 more volunteers are needed|
|13||Piano Individual Lessons|
|13||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|15||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|15||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|16||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
|16||End of First Trimester|
|19||6:30 pm||Faith Formation for Sacramental at St. Martin|
|20||Individual Piano Lessons|
|20||6:15 pm||Education Commission Meeting|
|20||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|21-23||NO SCHOOL – THANKSGIVING BREAK|
|27||Individual Piano Lessons|
|27||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|28||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE afterschool until 4:00 pm|
|29||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|29||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|30||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
“St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”