Wednesday’s Weekly Announcements
To keep up to date on School News, follow on our website school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/news and for School Events & Activities at school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar. If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
- Individual reminders about a variety of things.
- Scrip Order Form for your convenience. If you do not need to use this week, just leave in folder. We will replace the order form as needed each week.
- Join Fr. Jorge Miramontes for the 40 Days for Life mid point prayer vigil at 5:30 pm on today, Wednesday, October 17. See flyer for details.
- Recess Duty for the Next Week: Thursday, 10/18 – Michelle LeVeque; Friday, 10/19 – Erin Heller; Monday, 10/22 – Tara Garry; Tuesday, 10/23 – Jeanne Wells; Wednesday, 10/24 – Lashell Lentz
- Recess Duty for PreK for the Next Week: Thursday, 10/18 – Maria Serrano; Friday, 10/19 – Elizabeth Idzi; Monday, 10/22 – Elizabeth Idzi; Tuesday, 10/23 – None; Wednesday, 10/24 – None
- Correction in Family Directory. Misspelling for Kruchten Family and email address correction – Kruchten is the correct spelling and email address is in the body of email sent to you.
- Parent Teacher Conference sign up went out to families yesterday. Please check your emails to make sure you got the list. If not, let the office know.
- Any monies for Holy Spirit Hustle should be turned in as soon as possible. Online contributions end tonight at midnight.
- Please turn in any monies for Bucky Books. Final numbers will be totaled for prizes and sheets will come home soon. There are still books available to sell if you would like more to sell.
- 2nd Grade Only. Just wanted to send a quick friendly reminder about the First Reconciliation session next Monday, Oct. 22nd from 6:30 to 7:30 PM at St. Martin’s (5959 Saint Martin Circle, Cross Plains). We will meet upstairs in the school building. Your 2nd grader should attend this session with you. I am very excited to work with your children, using the new “Signs of Grace” sacramental prep program, while Michelle Nilsson leads parents in the “Forgiven” adult faith formation, both from the Augustine Institute.
These will be our other meeting dates to prepare for First Reconciliation:
Monday, Nov. 19th from 6:30 to 7:30 PM at St. Martin’s
Saturday, Dec. 1st from 2 to 4 PM at St. Martin’s
The sacrament of First Reconciliation is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 8th at 9:15 AM at St. Peter’s – directly following the 8:15 AM Mass that morning to celebrate the Feast of the Immaculate Conception (please note the location change from the original schedule).
These sessions are required for all students and their parents (at least one parent, or both if possible – please let me know if childcare would be helpful!) preparing for First Reconciliation this year, but if you have a scheduling conflict with any of these dates, please be in touch and we can set up an alternate time to go over the missed material. Thank you if you’ve already been in touch about this, I will touch base with you after each session to figure out an alternate meeting time.
On behalf of all of us at St. Peter & St. Martin’s who help with sacramental prep, THANK YOU for this exciting opportunity to join you in forming the next generation of disciples!! :).~Michelle LeVeque
For the most up-to-date list of Events & Activities, Please follow our online Calendar of Events (school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar/).
|18||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|18||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|19||9:00 am||Family Eucharistic Adoration|
|19||5:00 – 8:00 pm||Fish Fry|
|19||8:00 pm||Fish Fry-Hall Scrub: Marie Pope; Beth or Doug Ulaszek; Grace Gyamera(2 more people are needed-many hands make lighter work)|
|21||11:00 am-2:30 pm||Trailride-Erika Kalscheuer Family (3), Elizabeth Idzi Family (3)|
|22||6:30-7:30 pm||Faith Formation for Sacramental at St. Martin|
|23||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|23||Piano Individual Lessons|
|25||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE afterschool until 4:00 pm|
|28||11:00 am – 2:30 pm||Trailride-Elizabeth Idzi Family (3) and Guillermina Calzada Family (2)|
|30||Individual Piano Lessons|
|30||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|31||9:00 am||All Saints Day Parade Practice after Mass|
|1||8:15 am||All Saints Day at St. Peter-Holy Day of Obligation|
|1||9:00 am||All Saints Day Parade after Mass|
|1||9:30 am||Treat Day following parade at school-Treat Day providers: Erin Heller(K/1), Dorene Pawlowski(2/3) and Jessica Carrano(4/5)|
|1||3:30 pm||Parent Teacher Conferences|
|2||7:00 am||Adoration on First Friday|
|2||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE NO Afterschool Parent Teacher Conferences|
|2||9:00-10:00 am||Morning Playgroup|
|6||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|8||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|8||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|8||6:00 pm||Family Adoration and Potluck (Italian dinner)|
|9||Piano Group Lessons|
|9||9:45 am||Enthronement of the Sacred Heart of Jesus|
|9||5:00 – 8:00 pm||Fish Fry|
|9||8:00 pm||Fish Fry-Hall Scrub Duty: Michelle Lancaster, Grace Gyamera, 3 more volunteers are needed|
|13||Piano Individual Lessons|
|13||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|14||6:15 pm||First Reconciliation Meeting at St. Martin|
|15||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|15||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|16||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
|16||End of First Trimester|
|20||Individual Piano Lessons|
|20||6:15 pm||Education Commission Meeting|
|20||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|21-23||NO SCHOOL – THANKSGIVING BREAK|
|27||Individual Piano Lessons|
|27||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|28||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE afterschool until 4:00 pm|
|29||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|29||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|30||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
“St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”