Wednesday’s Weekly Announcements
To keep up to date on School News, follow on our website school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/news and for School Events & Activities at school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar. If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
- Individual reminders about a variety of things.
- Scrip Order Form for your convenience. If you do not need to use this week, just leave in folder. We will replace the order form as needed each week.
- Partners In Faith newsletter.
- Prize List for Holy Spirit Hustle. Thank you to all volunteers who helped to make this years event a huge success.
- Little Flower Girls Club flyer. Open to all girls from ages 5 to 12. See flyer for details of meetings for this school year. Little Flowers Girls’ Club is a Catholic club for girls ages 5-12 yrs old that teaches virtues through scripture, saints’ biographies and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Young girls, with the support of their mothers/grandmothers, will develop strong characters, lasting friendships and a deep love for their Faith all while having a great time! Registration is $40/child (additional one-time costs may occur depending on needs of the participant) and is due Nov 25th. Our first meeting is Dec 8th from 1-2:30pm in the lower level of the school. Contact the Little Flowers Team at email@example.com for more information. .
- School Fish Fry is coming soon. January 18 is the date. A sign up genius will be sent out in the next week or so. Please read over the flyer so you have an understanding of what this entails. All families are required to work this fish fry.
- Bucky Book Prizes earned.
- Recess Duty for the Next Week: Thursday, 11/8 – Paul Wagner; Friday, 11/9 – Erin Heller; Monday, 11/12 – Bryna Fassino; Tuesday, 11/13 – Jeanne Wells; Wednesday, 11/14 – Angie TenKley
- Recess Duty for PreK for the Next Week: Thursday, 11/8 – Celsey Roth; Friday, 11/9 – None; Monday, 11/12 – Elizabeth Idzi; Tuesday, 11/13 – Jacy Porter; Wednesday, 11/14 – None
- Reminder: Family Eucharistic Adoration will be tomorrow Thursday, November, 8th at 6:00 pm. Potluck dinner to follow at the school. This month is an Italian dinner.
- Correction for Family Directory: Please correct Lentz email address firstname.lastname@example.org and cell number to 608-347-0502 .
- Lessons and Carols
Please join the St. Peter Students, grades K-5, in “Lessons and Carols” on Monday, December 17th at 6:00 PM in St. Peter’s Catholic Church. The Festival of Lessons and Carols is a service of Scripture and song that dates to the late 19th century. In this service, students will read Scripture lessons which recount the Fall, the promise of a Messiah, the Incarnation, and the Great Commission to preach the Good News. Each lesson is followed by a carol or other song sung by the K-5 students that reflects on the lesson’s message and a brief prayer. The main theme of Lessons and Carols is the development of the loving purposes of God, seen through the lens of Scripture.
Students are asked to arrive by 5:45 PM in the Church Connector. Students should dress in their Sunday best! Students will line up and process into Church at 5:55 PM. The presider of this event will be Fr. Chris Gernetzke. Parents, grandparents and other relatives, and St. Peter Parishioners are welcome!.
- This week is “National Vocation Awareness Week”. Please remember to keep all those discerning a religious vocation in your prayers.
- October Scrip Totals:
Total Sold = $31,290.00
Total Profit = $1,619.05
2018-2019 Fiscal Year Profit thru 10/31 = $5,339.51
We are at 36% of our Goal!
October Scrip Spotlight Winner (Standing Orders):
Laurie Sabbarese won $25 gift card of choice
Every $25 of your “Greater Than 5%” Order in November
is an entry to win a $25 gift card of your choice!
THANK YOU for your increased support this year!.
- Volunteer Hours Opportunity: Here is an opportunity that taps into your ability to sing! A great opportunity to serve!
The St. Peter Choir is looking for additional members. We sing every weekend, holidays and most holy days and take summers off. The time commitment is 2 hours on Thursday evening, and 90 minutes for the weekend Masses. You don’t need to read music (most of us don’t) or have a great voice (we have an excellent Choir Director who helps all of us bring out our voice). We challenge ourselves to be our best and have a lot of fun doing it. If you have wondered how you can serve our parish, consider joining what Father Chis calls, “one of the best choir’s in the diocese”. Express your best spiritual self through singing!.
- Reminder: As we approach colder weather, please remember to send students with proper winter clothing. As many of you know, the school playground sits in a wind tunnel and the wind can feel colder than it looks. Hats, mittens, scarves, snowpants and winter coats are recommended even without snow on colder days. When we have snow, boots are a must. Students are not allowed to play in the snow without them. Also, for younger students, spare clothing consist of shorts and short sleeve shirts. Time to send in warmer changes of clothes to have on hand.
For the most up-to-date list of Events & Activities, Please follow our online Calendar of Events (school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar/).
|1||8:15 am||All Saints Day at St. Peter-Holy Day of Obligation|
|8||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|8||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|8||6:00 pm||Family Adoration and Potluck (Italian dinner)|
|9||Piano Group Lessons|
|9||9:45 am||Enthronement of the Sacred Heart of Jesus|
|9||5:00 – 8:00 pm||Fish Fry|
|9||8:00 pm||Fish Fry-Hall Scrub Duty: Michelle Lancaster, Grace Gyamera, 3 more volunteers are needed|
|13||Piano Individual Lessons|
|13||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|15||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|15||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|16||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
|16||End of First Trimester|
|19||6:30 pm||Faith Formation for Sacramental at St. Martin|
|20||Individual Piano Lessons|
|20||6:15 pm||Education Commission Meeting|
|20||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|21-23||NO SCHOOL – THANKSGIVING BREAK|
|27||Individual Piano Lessons|
|27||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|28||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE afterschool until 4:00 pm|
|29||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|29||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|30||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
“St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”