Wednesday’s Weekly Announcements
To keep up to date on School News, follow on our website school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/news and for School Events & Activities at school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar. If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
- Individual reminders about a variety of things.
- Scrip Order Form for your convenience. If you do not need to use this week, just leave in folder. We will replace the order form as needed each week.
- “National Vocation Awareness Week” cards listing the Diocese of Madison Seminarians and consecrated Religious are in your folder. Please remember to keep all those discerning a religious vocation in your prayers.
- Reminder: Monthly tuition payments, lunch and afterschool payments are due on receipt. Invoices were sent on the 31st of October or 1st of November. Paper copies of past due invoices are in your folder today. Please be sure to stay current with your payments. If you have any questions, please contact the office.
- Middleton Performing Arts Center is sponsor “Once Upon a Christmas Cheery”. See flyer for details if you are interested.
- School Fish Fry sign up genius was sent out on Monday, November 12. Please make sure at least one adult from each family signs up. All families are required to work this fish fry. Here is the link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0A48AAAE29A31-school5.
- Volunteer Log for 2nd semester. Please turn in your first trimester log in order for the office to update lists..
- Recess Duty for the Next Week: Thursday, 11/15 – Paul Wagner; Friday, 11/16– None; Monday, 11/19 – Tara Garry; Tuesday, 11/20 – Jeanne Wells; Wednesday, 11/21 – No School
- Recess Duty for PreK for the Next Week: Thursday, 11/15 – Elizabeth Idzi; Friday, 11/16– None; Monday, 11/19 – None; Tuesday, 11/20 – Jacy Porter; Wednesday, 11/21 – No School
- Lessons and Carols
Please join the St. Peter Students, grades K-5, in “Lessons and Carols” on Monday, December 17th at 6:00 PM in St. Peter’s Catholic Church. The Festival of Lessons and Carols is a service of Scripture and song that dates to the late 19th century. In this service, students will read Scripture lessons which recount the Fall, the promise of a Messiah, the Incarnation, and the Great Commission to preach the Good News. Each lesson is followed by a carol or other song sung by the K-5 students that reflects on the lesson’s message and a brief prayer. The main theme of Lessons and Carols is the development of the loving purposes of God, seen through the lens of Scripture.
Students are asked to arrive by 5:45 PM in the Church Connector. Students should dress in their Sunday best! Students will line up and process into Church at 5:55 PM. The presider of this event will be Fr. Chris Gernetzke. Parents, grandparents and other relatives, and St. Peter Parishioners are welcome!.
- Volunteer Hours Opportunity: Here is an opportunity that taps into your ability to sing! A great opportunity to serve!
The St. Peter Choir is looking for additional members. We sing every weekend, holidays and most holy days and take summers off. The time commitment is 2 hours on Thursday evening, and 90 minutes for the weekend Masses. You don’t need to read music (most of us don’t) or have a great voice (we have an excellent Choir Director who helps all of us bring out our voice). We challenge ourselves to be our best and have a lot of fun doing it. If you have wondered how you can serve our parish, consider joining what Father Chis calls, “one of the best choir’s in the diocese”. Express your best spiritual self through singing!.
For the most up-to-date list of Events & Activities, Please follow our online Calendar of Events (school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar/).
|15||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|15||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|16||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
|16||End of First Trimester|
|19||6:30 pm||Faith Formation for Sacramental at St. Martin|
|20||Individual Piano Lessons|
|20||6:15 pm||Education Commission Meeting|
|20||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|21-23||NO SCHOOL – THANKSGIVING BREAK|
|27||Individual Piano Lessons|
|27||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|28||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE afterschool until 4:00 pm|
|29||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|29||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|30||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
|3||6:00 pm||Faith Formation and Sacramental Prep|
|4||Piano Group Lessons|
|4||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|4||6:30 pm||Benefit Dinner Meeting|
|4||6:30 pm||Benefit Dinner Meeting|
|6||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|6||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|6||6:00 pm||Family Adoration and Potluck (Mexican dinner)|
|8||Holy Day of Obligation-Immaculate Conception|
|11||Piano Individual Lessons|
|11||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|13||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|13||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|14||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
|17||6:00 pm||Lessons and Carols Christmas Program|
|18||Individual Piano Lessons|
|18||6:00 pm||Education Commission Meeting|
|18||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|20||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|20||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|21||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
|21||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE NO afterschool|
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
“St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”