Wednesday’s Weekly Announcements
To keep up to date on School News, follow on our website school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/news and for School Events & Activities at school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar. If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
- Individual reminders about a variety of things.
- Scrip Order Form for your convenience. If you do not need to use this week, just leave in folder. We will replace the order form as needed each week.
- Thank you from Scrip. Flyer lists how much money has been raised for St. Peter parish and school by using scrip in individuals daily lives. Thank you again for supporting our school by using scrip.
- Open House Flyer. Please pass on to other families who may be considering enrolling their children at our school.
- Madison College is offering free dental care for children from ages 3-18 years old. See flyer for details of where and when.
- Field trip permission slip. During Catholic Schools Week we are planning to go to Sky Zone for a fun afternoon. Please fill out and return the permission form with the fee of $10/student(Holy Spirit Hustle will be paying an additional $4/student). If a parent would like to participate while chaperoning the cost is also $10/person. Bus is limited to 72 passengers which means chaperones will be required to drive, but can ride together. This field trip is on a Thursday. Monday, Wednesday, Friday 3K students are welcome to attend but parent will have to come with. A waiver from is also required. Please return with permission form, one per family.
- February Lunch Menu. Please return by January 24.
- Grades 2-5 Only. Knights of Columbus is sponsoring a basketball free throw championship contest open to boys and girls ages 9-14. It will be on Saturday, Jan. 26 at St. Francis Xavier School. See flyer for details.
- Area Event. Justin Bangert will be giving a talk for parents on raising purity focused teens. This will be on January 23 at 7:00 pm at St. Andrew Catholic Church in Verona. See information page for more details.
- Recess Duty for the Next Week: Thursday, 1/10 – None; Friday, 1/11– Jeanne Wells; Monday, 1/14 – None; Tuesday, 1/15 – Jeanne Wells; Wednesday, 1/16 –None
- Recess Duty for PreK for the Next Week: Thursday, 1/10 – None; Friday, 1/11– None; Monday, 1/14 –Jacy Porter; Tuesday, 1/15– None; Wednesday, 1/16 – None
- HOLY FAMILY HOMESCHOOLERS. HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA
You are invited to join the Holy Family Homeschoolers for a “Double Feature” high school drama production on Friday, January 11th, at 6:30 p.m. in the Waunakee High School Theater.
The first play is The Adventures of Nate the Great, a legendary boy who is the sharpest kid detective ever to solve his neighborhood’s mysteries. The second play is Little Scrooge, a comedy that is an extremely creative, kid-friendly adaption of the Charles Dickens classic, A Christmas Carol. Both plays are suitable for kids of all ages and guaranteed to delight the entire family.
Enter the Waunakee High School at Door #17 on South Street. Tickets are $5 per person; or $20 per family. There will be no advance ticket sales. Produced by special arrangement with THE DRAMATIC PUBLISHING COMPANY of Woodstock, Illinois.
- Reminder: If you have fulfilled your recess duty of 4 days per student and still need volunteer hours for the 30 hours required, consider filling in for either the lunch recess duty or the preschool recess duty. Both have many blanks with no volunteers at this time. Follow the link on your email to look for opportunities to sign up. See above list of those assigned and you can see how many are listed as none.
Registration for 2019-2020 school year. Watch for information on changes in our registration process for 2019-2020. Registration will begin the week of February 4.
For the most up-to-date list of Events & Activities, Please follow our online Calendar of Events (school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar/).
|10||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|10||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|11||Piano Group Lessons|
|15||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|15||8:45 am||Piano Individual Lessons|
|15||6:00 pm||Education Commission Meeting|
|17||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|17||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|18||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE No Afterschool Care|
|18||4:00 pm||School Fish Fry|
|22||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|22||8:45 am||Piano Individual Lessons|
|22||6:00 pm||Benefit Dinner Meeting|
|23||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE|
|23||6:30 pm||Band Concert at St. Maria Goretti|
|24||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|24||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|27-Feb.2||Catholic Schools Week|
|29||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|29||8:45 am||Piano Individual Lessons|
|30||9:00 am||Morning Playgroup|
|30||9:15 am||Open House for New Families|
|31||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|31||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|31||6:00 pm||Family Adoration and Potluck (Chili)|
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
“St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”