Wednesday’s Weekly Announcements
To keep up to date on School News, follow on our website school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/news and for School Events & Activities at school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar. If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
- Most Catholic Schools Week activities are being RESCHEDULED for the week of FEBRUARY 25 THRU MARCH 1. The Mass and Party will continue as planned this Saturday, February 2. Please be sure to rsvp if you have not already done so, or if you are no longer coming let us know. We will be ordering pizza for the evening and want to get our count correct! Friday’s ‘SCIENCE IS FUN’ will be Friday the 1st at 2:00 PM. A new itinerary of activities will be sent out in a couple of weeks as to what activities will happening February 25-March 1. The field trips have been rescheduled for February 26 (Bishop O’Connor Center) and February 27 (Sky Zone). An email will be sent to those who volunteered to chaperone to see if they can still do so.
- Individual reminders about a variety of things.
- Scrip Order Form for your convenience. If you do not need to use this week, just leave in folder. We will replace the order form as needed each week.
- Registration Information Letter and Packet–Open Registration for current families is February 5-18th!! Please notice the Registration Packet included in your child’s backpack today. Registration will occur mostly on-line and there are certain deadlines that will be important for you to be aware of. Please review the entire contents of the packet and call if you have questions (608-831-4846).
- Partners In Faith newsletter for February.
- Family Eucharistic Adoration and Potluck is scheduled for Thursday, February 7. See flyer for details.
- The Mom’s Morning Playgroup and our OPEN HOUSE are rescheduled for Friday, February 8 from 9:00-11:00. Please contact us at 608-831-4846 if you plan to attend or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Valentine List by classroom for your use if you are sending valentines to school. Please remember we have students with allergies. We suggest sending a valentine with something that is not food related like pencils, stickers, etc.
- Recess Duty for the Next Week: Thursday, 1/31 – Sean Powell; Friday, 2/1– Tom Rhatican; Monday, 2/4 – No School; Tuesday, 2/5 – Jeanne Wells; Wednesday, 2/6 –Tom Rhatican
- Recess Duty for PreK for the Next Week: Thursday, 1/31 – Jacy Porter; Friday, 2/1– None; Monday, 2/4 –No School; Tuesday, 2/5 – Jacy Porter; Wednesday, 2/6 – None
- Catholic Schools Week Mass at 4:30 pm on Saturday, February 2. All students in K thru 5 are expected to attend and participate by singing in the choir loft. Please have students at church by 4:15 pm.
- Reminder: If you have fulfilled your recess duty of 4 days per student and still need volunteer hours for the 30 hours required, consider filling in for either the lunch recess duty or the preschool recess duty. Both have many blanks with no volunteers at this time. Follow the link on your email to look for opportunities to sign up. See above list of those assigned and you can see how many are listed as none.
For the most up-to-date list of Events & Activities, Please follow our online Calendar of Events (school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar/).
|1||2:00 pm||Science is Fun program (Parents/families welcome)|
|2||4:30 pm||K-5 to sing at Mass|
|2||5:30 pm||Potluck dinner and dance|
|5||Open Registration Begins for Current Families and their children|
|5||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|6||8:15 am||Blessing of Throats at Mass|
|7||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|7||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|7||6:00 pm||Family Adoration and celebrating St. Josephine Bakhita with potluck meal to be Chili|
|8||9:00-11:00 am||Mom’s Playgroup and Open House|
|8||Piano Group Lessons|
|12||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|12||Piano Individual Lessons|
|14||Valentine Treat Day: PreK – Carissa Heerhold; K/1 – Erin Heller; 2/3 – Dorene Pawlowski; 4/5 – Erika Kalscheuer|
|14||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|14||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|15||Fish Fry: Hall Scrub-Marie Pope, Beth Ulaszek, Grace Gyamera, Abby Weiss|
|16||Benefit Dinner Registration begins|
|18||Open Registration Ends for Current Families and their children|
|18||6:00 pm to 7:30 pm||Faith Formation Sacramental Prep at St. Martin|
|19||Registration Begins for New Families|
|19||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|19||Piano Individual Lessons|
|19||11:15-2:45 pm||Grades PreK-1 field trip to Overture-How to Become a Pirate|
|20||EARLY RELEASE IS CANCELLED. WILL BE A FULL DAY OF SCHOOL|
|21||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|21||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|22||End of 2nd Trimester|
|25||Theme: Celebrating Careers: Dress in Your Future Career|
|25||10:30-11:30 am||Career Day Speaker|
|26||Theme: Celebrating Our Students: Dress in School Spirit Wear or Red, White and Blue|
|26||8:45 am||Field trip to BOCC|
|26||11:00 am||Piano Individual Lessons|
|27||Theme: Celebrating Our Students: Dress in School Spirit Wear or Red, White and Blue|
|27||12:45 pm||Field Trip to Sky Zone|
|28||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|28||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|28||6:00 pm||Family Adoration and Potluck (Soup and Salad)|
|1||Theme: Celebrating Team Spirit: Dress in Team Color|
|1||9:00 am||Mom’s Playgroup|
|1||2:00 pm||Catholic Jeopardy|
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
“St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”