Wednesday’s Weekly Announcements
To keep up to date on School News, follow on our website school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/news and for School Events & Activities at school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar. If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
- Individual reminders about a variety of things.
- Scrip Order Form for your convenience. If you do not need to use this week, just leave in folder. We will replace the order form as needed each week.
- Catholic Schools Week Event schedule for your information. Please note how students should dress each day. It is also listed in the calendar below.
- Benefit Dinner Packet. You will find a letter laying out our new approach to raising funds for the 2nd Annual St. Peter Benefit Dinner, which will be held on April 27th at Rex’s Innkeeper in Waunakee (Save the date!). Please contact Bridget Yallaly (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Laura Karlen (email@example.com) with any questions.
- Basketball Contest Flyer. This flyer was sent home last week for students ages 9 and above. The chante is the venue. St. Francis was double booked. New venue will be at St. Mary of Pine Bluff. See flyer for details.
- Flyer regarding Catholic Schools Week Mass on February 2. Students are expected to be here to sing for Mass. Students will be in the choir loft. Please arrive about 15 minutes before Mass.
- Recess Duty for the Next Week: Thursday, 1/24 – Sean Powell; Friday, 1/25– Jeanne Wells; Monday, 1/28 – None; Tuesday, 1/29 – Jeanne Wells; Wednesday, 1/30 –None
- Recess Duty for PreK for the Next Week: Thursday, 1/24 – None; Friday, 1/25– None; Monday, 1/28 –Jacy Porter; Tuesday, 1/29 – None; Wednesday, 1/30 – None
- Sign up Genius went out for our End of the Week Party celebrating Catholic Schools Week on February 2nd. If you have not already done so, please sign up with number of people coming so we make sure we have ordered enough pizza. Link to the sign up is in your email for this announcement page.
- Reminder: If you have fulfilled your recess duty of 4 days per student and still need volunteer hours for the 30 hours required, consider filling in for either the lunch recess duty or the preschool recess duty. Both have many blanks with no volunteers at this time. Follow the link on your email to look for opportunities to sign up. See above list of those assigned and you can see how many are listed as none.
For the most up-to-date list of Events & Activities, Please follow our online Calendar of Events (school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar/).
|27-Feb.2||Catholic Schools Week|
|28||Theme: Celebrating Our Community: Dress as everyday superheroes|
|29||Theme: Celebrating Vocations: Dress up in a future vocation|
|29||11:30 am||Piano Individual Lessons|
|29||8:45 am||Field Trip to Holy Name Heights|
|30||Theme: Celebrating The Nation: Dress with Red, White and Blue|
|30||9:00 am||Morning Playgroup|
|30||9:15 am||Open House for New Families|
|31||Theme: Celebrating Our Students: Dress in School Spirit Clothes|
|31||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|31||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|31||12:45 pm||Field Trip to Sky Zone|
|1||Theme: Celebrating Faculty, Staff and Volunteers Dress-Team Color Wear|
|1||2:00 pm||Science is Fun program (Parents/families welcome)|
|2||4:30 pm||K-5 to sing at Mass|
|2||5:30 pm||Potluck dinner and dance|
|5||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|6||8:15 am||Blessing of Throats at Mass|
|7||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|7||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|7||6:00 pm||Family Adoration and celebrating St. Josephine Bakhita with potluck meal to be Chili|
|8||Piano Group Lessons|
|12||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|12||Piano Individual Lessons|
|14||Valentine Treat Day: PreK – Carissa Heerhold; K/1 – Erin Heller; 2/3 – Dorene Pawlowski; 4/5 – Erika Kalscheuer|
|14||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|14||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|15||Fish Fry: Hall Scrub-Marie Pope, Beth Ulaszek, Grace Gyamera, Abby Weiss|
|16||Benefit Dinner Registration begins|
|18||6:00 pm to 7:30 pm||Faith Formation Sacramental Prep at St. Martin|
|19||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|19||Piano Individual Lessons|
|19||11:15-2:45 pm||Grades 2-5 field trip to Overture-How to Become a Pirate|
|20||12:30 pm||EARLY RELEASE afterschool available until 4:00 pm|
|21||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|21||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|22||End of 2nd Trimester|
|26||8:45 am||Piano Individual Lessons|
|28||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|28||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|28||6:00 pm||Family Adoration and Potluck ()|
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
“St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”