Wednesday’s Weekly Announcements
To keep up to date on School News, follow on our website school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/news and for School Events & Activities at school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar. If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
- Individual reminders about a variety of things.
- Scrip Order Form for your convenience. If you do not need to use this week, just leave in folder. We will replace the order form as needed each week.
- Catholic Schools Week revised schedule for the week of February 25-March 1
- Novena to St. Peter for Protection and Resources for St. Peter Catholic School. This Novena will start the weekend of February 23/24 and will end on March 1.
- March Menu to be returned by February 22. Please note the second pizza party date on March 15 with pizza being supplied by Blue Star Dairy.
- Recess Duty for the Next Week: Thursday, 2/14 – None; Friday, 2/15– Jeanne Wells; Monday, 2/18 – Kim Neumaier; Tuesday, 2/19 – Jeanne Wells; Wednesday, 2/20 –Sean Powell
- Recess Duty for PreK for the Next Week: Thursday, 2/14 – Jacy Porter; Friday, 2/15– None; Monday, 2/18 –None; Tuesday, 2/19 – Jacy Porter; Wednesday, 2/20 – None
- Congratulations to Genette Sackey and Lily LeVeque for the “Keep Christ In Christmas” poster. Both girls won the Knight of Columbus sectional and there posters have moved on to the Diocese level. Once we know the results from that level, we will let you know.
- We have Valentine’s day this week! Students have created a “mailbox” for valentines at school already and will have time in class to hand out their valentines. A list already went home of the names of all the students in our class as well as the school. We used to do valentines as a school when we were much smaller, but do it in our classrooms now. Please do not feel as though you have to make valentines for everyone in the school, but with the list you are able if you’d like. Also Thursday is a treat day already, so the students will get a little extra sugar. In an effort to have fun and still be able to focus on academics, I would encourage you to send a non-edible valentine. If you already have them ready, please know all treats will be sent home and not consumed at school. Thanks so much for understanding!
- Reminder: If you have fulfilled your recess duty of 4 days per student and still need volunteer hours for the 30 hours required, consider filling in for either the lunch recess duty or the preschool recess duty. Both have many blanks with no volunteers at this time. Follow the link on your email to look for opportunities to sign up. See above list of those assigned and you can see how many are listed as none.
For the most up-to-date list of Events & Activities, Please follow our online Calendar of Events (school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar/).
|14||Valentine Treat Day: PreK – Carissa Heerhold; K/1 – Erin Heller; 2/3 – Dorene Pawlowski; 4/5 – Erika Kalscheuer|
|14||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|14||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|15||Fish Fry: Hall Scrub-Marie Pope, Beth Ulaszek, Grace Gyamera, Abby Weiss|
|16||Benefit Dinner Registration begins|
|18||Open Registration Ends for Current Families and their children|
|18||6:00 pm to 7:30 pm||Faith Formation Sacramental Prep at St. Martin|
|19||Registration Begins for New Families|
|19||8:15-10:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd 4K and K|
|19||Piano Individual Lessons|
|19||11:15-2:45 pm||Grades PreK-1 field trip to Overture-How to Become a Pirate|
|20||EARLY RELEASE IS CANCELLED. WILL BE A FULL DAY OF SCHOOL|
|21||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|21||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|22||End of 2nd Trimester|
|25||Theme: Celebrating Careers: Dress in Your Future Career|
|25||10:30-11:30 am||Career Day Speaker|
|26||Theme: Celebrating Our Students: Dress in Red, White and Blue|
|26||8:45 am||Field trip to BOCC|
|26||11:00 am||Piano Individual Lessons|
|27||Theme: Celebrating Our Students: Dress in School Spirit Wear|
|27||12:45 pm||Field Trip to Sky Zone|
|28||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|28||8:15-9:15 am||Catechesis of the Good Shepherd grade 1|
|28||6:00 pm||Family Adoration and Potluck (Soup and Salad)|
|1||Theme: Celebrating Team Spirit: Dress in Team Color|
|1||9:00 am||Mom’s Playgroup|
|1||2:00 pm||Catholic Jeopardy|
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
“St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”