Wednesday’s Weekly Announcements
To keep up to date on School News, follow on our website school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/news and for School Events & Activities at school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar. If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
- Individual reminders about a variety of things.
- Family Adoration Flyer. This is a beautiful way to learn more about adoration for you and your families. Add the dates to your calendar and join for fellowship with other families.
- Partners In Faith monthly newsletter for your enjoyment.
- Bucky Books are being offered for sale from now until October 14. A flyer was part of your flyers sent home electronically earlier in August. 2 books per family will be sent home today. We ask families try to sell at least 2. The school makes $15 per book sold. Checks should be made out to St. Peter Catholic School as you sell them. Cost is $35 per book. Let the office know if you are in need of more books to sell (831-4846). They make great gifts!
- Lifetouch envelope order forms for picture day. One per student. Picture Day is September 10. Envelopes can be returned to school or order can be placed online. Lifetouch had not sent quite enough envelopes so I am attaching the order form with the email to families.
- Information Letter on “Circle of Grace” program from the Diocese regarding protecting God’s children. This program is replacing the safe environment program used for the last several years. St. Peter Catholic School will be teaching the program beginning in the middle of September. Read over the materials, check the Diocese website for more information. Included in the paperwork is an opt out form if you choose not to have your child participate.
- Scrip September Contest Sheet. This month if you sign up and use Presto Pay your name will be entered into the contest for a free $25 scrip card of your choice.
- Grade 4-5 Only. Letter regarding Overture Band information. Students will have the opportunity to try out different instruments tomorrow morning at the start of school. Parents will have an opportunity to talk with the Band Director on Parent Orientation evening September 4th.
- Scrip Order Form for your convenience. If you do not need to use this week, just leave in folder. We will replace the order form as needed each week.
- Recess Duty for the Next Week: Thursday, 8/30 – Michelle LeVeque; Friday, 8/31 – Erin Heller; Monday, 9/3 – No School; Tuesday, 9/4 – Jeanne Wells; Wednesday, 9/5 – Marie Pope
- Afterschool Students who come regularly, please remember to put some monies in that account as it will help to offset the costs of paying our afterschool care personnel.
- September Hot Lunch Menu Reminder. Please remember to return to school by tomorrow (if you have not already done so) the September menu so we know how many students will be having hot lunch on the days it is available. If you have any questions, please contact the office.
- Koats for Kids collection beginning Monday, September 10 and through October 6. Remember to share your family’s outgrown, gently used jackets, coats, snow pants, mittens, hats, gloves and scarves with those who are less fortunate. The campaign does not collect boots. Turn in items at school and we will get them to Klinke Cleaners. A box is available at the front entrance of school and in the rear of church for your convenience. School supplies for purchase. Below is the list of supplies ordered by the school for specific grades. If you have not already done so, please send in the fee to cover costs at your grade level.
3K and 4K grade total – $6.00 if you need headphones (no ear buds-must have long cords)
K-1 grade total – $6.00 if you need headphones (no ear buds-must have long cords)
2-3 grade students $6.00 8-pocket folder, $7.50 Assignment notebook, $3.50 Composition Notebook, $6.00 if you need headphones
4-5 grade Students – $7.50 Assignment notebook, and $6.00 if you need headphones
For the most up-to-date list of Events & Activities, Please follow our online Calendar of Events (school.saintpetersaintmartin.org/school/calendar/).
|30||7:55 am||4-5 Band tryouts|
|31||Piano Group Lessons|
|3||NO SCHOOL – Labor Day|
|4||7:00 pm||Parent Orientation Meeting|
|4-11||Star Testing grades K-1|
|6||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|6||6:00 pm||Family Eucharistic Adoration and potluck (family favorites)|
|7||10:00 am||Mom’s playgroup|
|10||9:15 am||School Portraits will be taken|
|11–22||Running records grades 2-5|
|11||Piano Individual Lessons|
|11||6:00 pm||Benefit Dinner Meeting|
|14||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
|18||Piano Individual Lessons|
|18||6:00 pm||Education Commission Meeting|
|19||12:30 pm||Early Release afterschool care until 4:00 pm|
|20||7:55 am||Band Lesson|
|20||8:00 am||Home and School Board Meeting|
|21||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
|25||6:00 pm||Benefit Dinner Meeting|
|27||7:55 am||Band Lessons|
|27||Grade 4-5 Fall Retreat|
|28||9:00 am||Eucharistic Adoration|
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
“St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”