Wednesday’s Weekly Announcements from Nancy
To keep up to date on School News and School Events & Activities. If you have any questions about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Wednesday folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
- Individual reminders about a variety of things.
- Scrip Order Form for your convenience.
- Theme of the Week Flyer. Next week will be our theme days for students to dress up for each day. This was moved from the last week of school to next week due to time constraints for the last week. See flyer for details.
- Thank you Flyer for Scrip Use this year. We still have a month and a half to reach our goal of $15,000 but we have raised over $10,000 thru Scrip. The back side is information to use Presto Pay. Please remember our contest for May using Kwik Trip cards. The office will be ordering one more time before the end of May to get the 10% discount. June 1st the profit will change to 5%. Also remember our summer stock up contest. For every $300 spent on Scrip, your name is entered for your choice of scrip at the end of August..
- Friday, May 18 is our field trip to St. Al’s for Special Interest Day. A slip for each child is being sent home with the oldest that lets them know what classes they will be attending that day. Some children need to bring certain items for the classes they signed up for. That is listed at the bottom of the sheet. Please be sure to send those items with them on Friday. There is also a note regarding dress attire. Students should wear their St. Peter Blue or Red shirts for easy identification. We will be leaving at 8:10 that morning. Please have students here by 7:50 in order for them to be ready to board the bus by 8:00. Students should pack a cold lunch along with a morning snack item. We will be bringing milk for both morning and lunch for students to have as well. Please have students pack their lunch in a throw away containing with their name on it so we can box and carry them easier. They should not bring anything that needs to be refrigerated or microwaved (heated).
- Recess Duty for the Next Week:
Thursday, 5/17-Stephanie Ballweg; Preschool-seeking volunteers
Friday, 5/18-field trip-no need; Preschool- seeking volunteers
Monday, 5/21-Michelle LeVeque; Preschool- seeking volunteers
Tuesday, 5/22-Marie Pope; Preschool- seeking volunteers
Wednesday, 5/23-Dorene Pawlowski; Preschool-seeking volunteers
- Calling All Library Books! Last day to check out books from the school library will be Friday, May 11. Please return all library books by Friday, May 25th. Thank you!
- Learning Fair open house and musical concert is this Thursday, May 17. Families can tour classrooms to see what their students have been working on from 5:45 pm until 6:20 pm. Then we move downstairs for the music portion of the program.
- Field Days is coming on Tuesday, May 22. We will be outside from Noon until the end of the day on the 22nd. Please remember to send sunscreen and the permission slip if you have not already done so. Teachers will hold onto lotion until after Friday’s field trip to Pheasant Branch. Parents are welcome to come spend the afternoon on the 22nd and help or play the games for field days. Be sure to send a Water Bottle with your child’s name on it, have your child wear tennis/athletic shoes for field days and hats are also encouraged.
- A $100 child tax rebate was recently passed and you can claim it starting May 15. Here’s the link to the state website: childtaxrebate.wi.gov. Here’s more information on it: https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2018/04/17/tax-day-gov-scott-walker-sign-bill-giving-parents-100-refund-checks-each-child/522527002/. You may have to copy and paste the links into your browser.
- PreK will be having a pajama day on Friday with the rest of the school on a field trip! This is the day after their learning fair so it will be a low key kind of day. If you have any questions, please contact your teachers
- Reminders: Field trip on Friday to St. Al’s in Sauk City. Students are allowed to wear shorts at St. Al’s but they must be dressy looking and go to their knee. Students should pack a snack in their lunch as they will have a snack time around 10:15. Milk will be provided. Please remember that cold lunches should be throw away with nothing that needs to be heated in a microwave.
For the most up-to-date list of Events & Activities, Please follow our online Calendar of Events.
|17||9:00 am||Girls Group 4-5|
|17||6:00 pm||Learning Fair “Caring for God’s Creation/Fine Arts Night|
|18||All day||Special Interest Day at St. Al’s in Sauk-grades K-5 only|
|21||Theme Week: Monday-Disney Day|
|21||Pentecost Treat Day-Celsey Roth (3K/4K); Erin Heller (K/1); Laurie Sabbarese (2/3); Erin Heller (4/5)|
|22||Theme Week: Tuesday-Jersey Day|
|22||Piano Individual Lessons|
|22||9:00 am||School Confessions|
|22||12:30 pm||Field Days|
|23||Theme Week: Wednesday-Under the Sea/Water Day|
|24||Theme Week: Thursday-Freaky Friday|
|25||Theme Week: Friday-Wilderness day|
|25||All school field trip to Pheasant Branch Conservancy|
|28||NO SCHOOL-Memorial Day|
|31||12:00 pm||5th Grade released|
|June 1||10:00 am||Adoration for First Friday|
|June 1||11:00 am||Last school day Mass|
|June 1||12:00 pm||All School Released|
|June 1||12:00 pm||School Families invited to Middleton Lakeview Splash Park|
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
“St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”