Wednesday’s Weekly Announcements from Nancy
To keep up to date on School News and School Events & Activities. If you have any questions about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Wednesday folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
- Individual reminders about a variety of things.
- Scrip Order Form for your convenience.
- Scrip fundraiser update. Thank you to all who continue to purchase scrip. It is making a great difference.
- Totus Tuus registration form for this summers program. Please fill out and return to school if you are interested in having your kids be a part of this program.
- Report Cards for second trimester. Please remember to return signed envelope for the next trimesters cards. No need to return the report card itself.
- April Lunch Menu. Please return back to school by next week.
- Benefit Dinner Tickets. Tickets can be purchased through the school/parish offices.
- Recess Duty for the Next Week:
Thursday, 3/8-Marie Pope; Preschool-seeking volunteers
Friday, 3/9-Lisa Shell; Preschool- seeking volunteers
Monday, 3/12-Wendi Iglinski; Preschool- seeking volunteers
Tuesday, 3/13-Jeanne Wells; Preschool- seeking volunteers
Wednesday, 3/14-Sue Tansey; Preschool-seeking volunteers
- Benefit Dinner & Special Raffle
Thanks to all who are starting to turn in items for the raffle & auction. This will be a great success because of you all!
A few common questions have come up, so here are some thoughts…
1. You don’t have to follow your class assigned theme. It’s just a fun suggestion for a place to start if you didn’t have any ideas on what sort of items to get donated.
2. You don’t need to bring in an entire basket. Single items are just fine! We can put those together with other donations to make up baskets.
3. However, feel free to bring a finished basket and it can be any theme you want!
Lastly, if you’re looking for an easy way to get a few volunteer hours, we need 2-3 people to make follow up phone calls to businesses who have donated in the past. Please contact Bridget Yallaly (firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-515-3332), if you’re willing to make a few phone calls for donations.
- Annual St. Peter Picnic: The picnic committee is inviting all school families to be involved with the Annual St. Peter Picnic, June 16 and 17th. There are opportunities to work in the concession stands or to manage a game during the picnic. This is a fun way to be involved and to meet other people in the community. Please email Diane Kalscheur at email@example.com, or Kathi Klaas at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to the work list.
- Our 1st Annual St. Peter Church and School Benefit Dinner, scheduled for April 28th, is approaching quickly! We desperately need your help in donations for our Special Raffles. Potential ways you can do this:
Solicit local area businesses (especially ones you frequent often!) and collect gift cards, product, and/or monetary donations from them. Please have them complete a Donation Form.
Offer your services (photography, house cleaning, babysitting, etc.)
Offer tickets to sports events, weekend getaways (using your timeshare, lake home, etc.)
Monetary donations that the special raffles committee can use to purchase items for the baskets
Purchase items to fill one of the following baskets:
- 3/4K Kids Activities/Crafts for a Rainy Day
- K/1 Outdoor Barbeque Kit
- 2/3 Outdoor Kid Fun
- 4/5 Gardening
All items should be delivered to the school or parish office during business hours by March 9th. Questions? Please contact Stephanie Ballweg (email@example.com or 608-712-2557) or Bridget Yallaly (firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-515-3332).
- Reminder- St. Joseph Breakfast for March 19 reservation forms are now due. At this time we have a response from half of the student body. If you have not already done so, please return the red St. Joseph form as soon as possible. We will be shopping next week to purchase food for this breakfast.
For the most up-to-date list of Events & Activities, Please follow our online Calendar of Events.
|8||6:30 pm||Benefit Dinner Meeting|
|12||2:25 pm||School Stations of the Cross|
|13||Piano Group Lessons|
|13||6:00 pm||Stations of the Cross followed by Lecture|
|16||8:00 pm||Fish Fry: Hall Scrub- Wendi Iglinski, Grace Gyamera, Steve Rammer, Doug Kalscheuer|
|19||8:15 am||St. Joseph Father/Grandfather Mass and breakfast|
|19||2:25 pm||Stations of the Cross|
|19||6:00 pm||Education Commission Meeting|
|20||6:00 pm||Stations of the Cross followed by Lecture|
|21||12:30 am||EARLY RELEASE|
|21||6:15 pm||First Communion Parent Meeting at St. Martin|
|26-April 2||SPRING BREAK|
|30||8:00 pm||Fish Fry Hall Scrub- Wendi Iglinski. Isabel Quirino, Need 2-4 more volunteers.|
|April 2||NO SCHOOL-EASTER MONDAY|
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
“St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”