Wednesday’s Weekly Announcements from Nancy
To keep up to date on School News and School Events & Activities. If you have any questions about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Wednesday folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
- Individual reminders about a variety of things.
- Scrip Order Form for your convenience.
- Partners In Faith newsletter for your enjoyment.
- Lenten Calendar for your families to use as you would like.
- Eucharistic Adoration Flyer for tomorrow, February 1. We are celebrating St. Brigid of Ireland with Chili specials. Please plan to attend this special time.
- February/March Scrip Spotlight Business flyer. Buy $50 in Scrip during the next two months to be entered to win a free $50 gift card to Woodmans.
- Recess Duty for the Next Week:
Thursday, 2/1-Erin O’Neill; Preschool-
Friday, 2/2-Marie Pope; Preschool-
Monday, 2/5-NO SCHOOL; Preschool-
Tuesday, 2/6-Amy King ; Preschool-
Wednesday, 2/7-Erin Heller; Preschool-
- Annual St. Peter Picnic: The picnic committee is inviting all school families to be involved with the Annual St. Peter Picnic, June 16 and 17th. There are opportunities to work in the concession stands or to manage a game during the picnic. This is a fun way to be involved and to meet other people in the community. Please email Diane Kalscheur at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kathi Klaas at email@example.com if you would like to be added to the work list.
- Two items to remember for Catholic Schools Week. 1. We are continuing to collect $1.00 per student to buy items for the military gift box to send to Afganistan for Matthew (PreK student) Mom’s unit. 2. Spiritual Bouquets for Friday.
- Sign up genius went last week for Catholic Schools Week end of week party. Please remember to sign up and indicate how many will be attending. Pizza will be ordered and rest is indicated on the sign up. Hope to see you there. Link to sign up is as follows: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a48aaae29a31-celebrating3.
- Thank you to all the parents and teachers for your commitment and help with our school fundraiser-the January Fish Fry. We served 1,250 people which translates to $7,781.77 raised for the school. We served 1,110 pounds of fish. We could not make this happen without many hands, young and old, working together. Kudos to our 4th and 5th graders who worked long and hard all evening.
- Dress Code Committee The Education Commission is asking for parents to serve on an ad hoc committee to review the school dress code and determine how well it fits with our St. Peter School Mission. A part of the charge from the Education Commission is to conduct a survey which will include questions about a school uniform. If you are willing to be on this committee please contact Mrs. Klaas or Elizabeth Idzi (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you. The timeline for the work of this committee is estimated to be from February -May. If you have more questions, please contact me. (Mrs. Klaas).
For the most up-to-date list of Events & Activities, Please follow our online Calendar of Events.
|1||Theme: Celebrating Vocations Dress up in a future vocation|
|1||6:00 pm||Family Adoration and celebrating St. with potluck meal to be Chili|
|2||Theme: Celebrating Faculty, Staff and Volunteers Dress-Team Color Wear|
|3||4:30 pm||K-5 to sing at Mass|
|3||5:30 pm||Potluck dinner and dance|
|9||10:00 am||Individual Piano Lessons|
|9||Fish Fry: Hall Scrub-Holly Ganser, Wendi Iglinski We are in need of 4 more volunteers!|
|12||6:30 pm||Benefit Dinner Meeting|
|13||Valentine Treat Day: PreK – Elizabeth Sisk; K/1 – Michelle Kohler; 2/3 – Erin Heller; 4/5 – Marie Pope|
|13||Piano Group Lessons|
|13||6:00 pm||Education Commission Meeting|
|14||Ash Wednesday-Valentine’s Day|
|21||Temperance Service Project|
|23||5:00 pm||School Fish Fry|
|23||10:00 am||Piano Individual Lessons|
|28||9:15 am||Group Picture Day|
|28||12:30 am||EARLY RELEASE|
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
“St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”