Wednesday’s Weekly Announcements from Nancy
To keep up to date on School News and School Events & Activities. If you have any questions about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Wednesday folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
- Individual reminders about a variety of things.
- Scrip Order Form for your convenience.
- Lifetouch Order Forms for school group pictures to be taken on Wednesday, February 28. Please return the envelope to school before that date.
- Recess Duty for the Next Week:
Thursday, 2/8-Angela Hineline; Preschool-
Friday, 2/9-Lisa Schell; Preschool-
Monday, 2/12-Wendi Iglinski; Preschool-
Tuesday, 2/13-Jeanne Heller; Preschool-
Wednesday, 2/14-Erin Heller; Preschool-
- Annual St. Peter Picnic: The picnic committee is inviting all school families to be involved with the Annual St. Peter Picnic, June 16 and 17th. There are opportunities to work in the concession stands or to manage a game during the picnic. This is a fun way to be involved and to meet other people in the community. Please email Diane Kalscheur at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kathi Klaas at email@example.com if you would like to be added to the work list.
- St. Vincent DePaul will host “Blanket Others with Love”, a fleece-blanket-tying event, here at our SVdP Center (technically named the Middlecamp Center for Vincentian Charity) on Sunday, February 11 from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Families can come and go as allowable by nap schedules and other commitments. The online signup is here: https://tinyurl.com/2018tieblankets Here is a Facebook event: https://tinyurl.com/facebookblankets.
- Reminder: Monthly tuition payments are now due. Please remember to check your other accounts for any balances due to keep current. Thank you.
- January Scrip Winner for a $25 Kwik Trip gift card was parishioner Mary Laufenberg. Remember February and March contest is for a $50 Woodman’s card. Here is the total we are at for this year:
January SCRIP Totals:
Total Sold = $ 15,960.00
Total Profit = $ 629.11
Running Profit since 7/1 = $6,588.80
We are at 44% of our Goal!
Thank you for your ongoing support!
- Dress Code Committee The Education Commission is asking for parents to serve on an ad hoc committee to review the school dress code and determine how well it fits with our St. Peter School Mission. A part of the charge from the Education Commission is to conduct a survey which will include questions about a school uniform. If you are willing to be on this committee please contact Mrs. Klaas or Elizabeth Idzi (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you. The timeline for the work of this committee is estimated to be from February -May. If you have more questions, please contact me. (Mrs. Klaas).
For the most up-to-date list of Events & Activities, Please follow our online Calendar of Events.
|9||10:00 am||Individual Piano Lessons|
|9||Fish Fry: Hall Scrub-Holly Ganser, Wendi Iglinski, Isabel Quirino We are in need of 3 more volunteers!|
|12||6:30 pm||Benefit Dinner Meeting|
|13||Valentine Treat Day: PreK – Elizabeth Sisk; K/1 – Michelle Kohler; 2/3 – Erin Heller; 4/5 – Marie Pope|
|13||Piano Group Lessons|
|13||6:00 pm||Education Commission Meeting|
|14||Ash Wednesday-Valentine’s Day|
|21||Temperance Service Project|
|23||5:00 pm||Fish Fry-Hall Scrub-Michael Lancaster, Wendi Iglinski. We are in need of 4 more volunteers|
|23||10:00 am||Piano Individual Lessons|
|28||9:15 am||Group Picture Day|
|28||12:30 am||EARLY RELEASE|
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
“St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”